|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
We are a community of believers gathered at Bethel Church, Kingston, and we are prayerfully and confidently beginning the search for our next…
“Loving God passionately, Serving others significantly.”
Bethel Church, located in beautiful, downtown Kingston, Ontario, Canada is a vibrant, Protestant, evangelical church with current average Sunday attendance of 300+ persons.
Our beloved Senior Pastor of 14 years recently transitioned from pastoral ministry so we are now asking the Lord to bring to us the right man to shepherd us through the next chapter of our journey.
In many ways we are like any other Protestant, evangelical church; however, here are some of the unique characteristics of Bethel Church:
- We are a large, evangelical church located in downtown Kingston. While some people walk or bike to our location, most intentionally travel from other places in or outside our city to attend services and events. There are other great churches in Kingston, but our people choose to invest in and be a part of what God is doing at Bethel.
- We are close to the Queen’s University campus, and, as a result, we have a long history of being a “church of choice” for students at Queen’s and, by extension, the other 2 post-secondary institutions in town: Royal Military College and St. Lawrence College. Students are active in various ministries at Bethel.
- Those who make Bethel their church home consistently indicate a deep desire for a critical explanation, interpretation, and application of God’s word for their lives.
- We enjoy an “above average for our size” discipleship ministry, ranging from short term introductory groups through to long-term, “deep dive” life groups. We truly believe in the necessity of discipleship groups, and it is in our DNA to consistently challenge those who call Bethel home to plug into a group.
- We have nurtured strong partnerships with other like-minded Christian and mission organizations to advance His work in our city, nation and world. Both financially and with human investment, we support our partners.
- We also advance His work and serve our community through Bethel House Ministries, two houses owned and operated by the church for men coming out of incarceration or treatment for addiction and needing transitional housing.
In our expanded ideal candidate profile, “The Man God Has Planned For Us,” (see link below) we describe the seasoned, gifted, passionate, “shaped by and led by God” Senior Pastor for whom we are looking. Here is a summary of the attributes we seek:
Your Primary Character Traits:
- Approachable, personable, friendly
- Adaptable, flexible
- Highly relational
Your Primary Ministry Competencies:
- Gifted preacher/teacher of the Word of God
- Strategic ministry planner, visionary
- Discipleship focus/mentor
Your Leadership Style:
- Spirit-led, prayerful
- Motivates, encourages, inspires
- Servant’s heart
- Builds unity and connection
A detailed package of information, including our ideal candidate profile “The Man God Has Planned For Us,” and full “Position Description: Senior Pastor,” can be reviewed at:
If after exploring the profile, position description and the other relevant information found on our website, you sense that God is calling you to this opportunity, please submit an application package as detailed on the website:
We will acknowledge every submission and outline the next steps in our process.
The Bethel Church Senior Pastor Search Team