|Date Posted||May 12, 2022|
Operated by Windsor Baptist Refugee Ministries, Matthew House Refugee Centre is a faith based organization that brings hope by providing a temporary home and settlement supports for Refugee Claimants, empowering them to become contributing members of the Canadian community. We are a recognized leader in providing supports for refugee claimants and other precarious migrants who would otherwise end up in Windsor’s general homeless system. We welcome all refugees regardless of their race, religion, sexual orientation or political opinion and use a home and family model to help people develop hope, develop confidence, and restore their personal dignity. To learn more visit www.matthewhousewindsor.orgStatus: Permanent part-time Hours and Rate: 20 hours per week, rate of pay to be negotiated Start Date: Immediately Application Deadline: Posting will remain active and interviews will be conducted until a candidate has been selected. Those interested are encouraged to apply right away.
Position Summary: Under the guidance of Matthew House’s Settlement Coordinator, the Settlement Support Worker will assist Refugee Claimants and other precarious migrants in accessing services and supports that will enable to them to secure legal status in Canada and begin their settlement in our community.
Key Responsibilities: Legal, social service, and government systems navigation, settlement support services, case management and documentation.
- Post-secondary degree in Social Work, Human or Social Sciences, or a combination of education and work experience in social services or settlement
- Ability to speak a second language
- Demonstrated Christian faith and adherence to orthodox Christian doctrine, or comfortable with working in a faith based environment
- Experience working cross culturally and comfortable with diverse languages
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment. Ability to take initiative on projects.
Candidates are encouraged to view the full job description available at: http://matthewhousewindsor.org/getinvolved
Please send resume and cover letter by e-mail only to: Mike Morency, Executive Director email@example.com
We appreciate all applications but regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.