Staff Care – Summer Pastoral Position
|Date Posted||February 3, 2023|
Join our summer staff team and embrace a new adventure where you can explore your faith, gain work experience, and build life-long friendships.
Staff Care Responsibilities:
- Work on a team with other Staff Care personnel. A Staff Support team is available to provide guidance and disciplinary support, upon request.
- Attend weekly meetings coordinated by the Staff Support team.
- Attend weekly staff meetings facilitated by the General Director.
- Provide direction for the Staff Support team regarding involvement in daily devotions, staff events, and the Family Camp teen program.
- Live in dorm-style accommodations with the summer staff. You will be enforcing boundaries, curfews, and reinforcing JOY’s values and expectations, etc. with the summer staff.
- The organization, coordination, and facilitation of the summer staff programs such as staff chapels, daily devotions, staff events, off-site outings, small groups, etc.
- Regular one-on-one spiritual mentoring time with junior staff throughout the summer.
- Coordinate with Senior Staff the organization of changeover teams and schedules. Lead a changeover cleaning team.
- Support summer staff in their departments as needed and directed by the department supervisor
- Driving summer staff to town, as needed.
- Providing leadership or assisting other Senior Staff during unexpected events or challenges (ie. supporting homesick staff, proper care during illness, driving staff to the hospital, escalating disciplinary action to Executive Director, etc.)
- Family camp: Develop and provide curriculum, devotions, and thought-provoking topics of discussion to guide participants in teen ministry (ages 12-17) into a deeper understanding of the Bible and their own relationship with God.
- Family Camp: Supporting the Children’s Ministry team by participating in child care (ie. Wee Care evening childcare and Smorg Night child care), if needed.
- Communicate with each camp director and family camp host, to share prayer requests with and from the summer staff as well as praise reports.
- Setting up and taking down of program elements ie. games, props, etc., and assisting in implementing program events as requested by the Recreational Program staff.
- Facilitating aspects of training during Staff Training week, as directed by Senior Staff.
Paid, contract position.
Provision of staff accommodation and meals for the duration of the work term stated in the official job offer.
Start Date: June 5, 2023
Apply online at https://joycamp.ca/staff/.
JOY Bible Camp is a summer camp located in northeastern Ontario that hosts both Family & Children's summer camping programs. The camp is nestled on the shoreline of Faraday Trout Lake and surrounded by the forest. JOY has been in operation for 75 years, and was born out of the vision of seeing generations of people transformed forever through Joy Bible Camp - cultivating in others a growing, authentic, contagious relationship with God. We strive to do this through our Christian faith, fun, relationships with others, recreation, service and love. Our heart is that through this beautiful place, the programs we offer and the people who come here to both serve and be served, JOY would be a place where everyone who comes would feel welcome, safe, refreshed physically and renewed spiritually.