|Date Posted||February 11, 2020|
To guide the spiritual growth of the junior staff members, to be spiritual support and mentor to the junior staff.
Major responsibilities are they supervision/planning or everyday duties to be fulfilled:
Including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Work on a team with other Staff Care personnel. A Staff Support team is available to provide guidance and disciplinary support, upon request.
- Attend weekly meetings coordinated by the Staff Support team.
- Attend weekly staff meetings facilitated by the Executive Director.
- Provide direction for the Staff Support team regarding involvement in daily devotions, staff events, and the Family Camp teen program.
- Live in dorm-style accommodations with the summer staff. You will be enforcing boundaries, curfews, and reinforcing JOY’s values and expectations etc. with the summer staff.
- The organization, coordination and facilitation of the summer staff programmings such as staff chapels, daily devotions, staff events, off-site outings, small groups etc.
- Regular one-on-one spiritual mentoring time with junior staff throughout the summer.
- Coordinate with Senior Staff the organization of changeover teams and schedules. Lead a changeover cleaning team.
- Support summer staff in their departments as needed and directed by the department supervisor
- Driving summer staff to town, as needed.
- Providing leadership or assisting other Senior Staff during unexpected events or challenges (ie. support homesick staff, proper care during illness, driving staff to the hospital, escalating disciplinary action to Executive Director etc.)
- Family camp: Develop and provide curriculum, devotions, thought-provoking topics of discussion to guide participants in teen’s ministry (ages 12-17) into a deeper understanding of the Bible and their own relationship with God.
- Family Camp: Supporting the Children’s Ministry team by participating in child care (ie. Wee Care evening childcare and Smorg Night child care), if needed.
- Communicate with each camp director and family camp host, to share prayer requests with and from the summer staff as well as praise reports.
- Setting up and taking down of program elements ie. games, props etc. and assisting in implementing program events as requested by the Recreational Program staff.
- Facilitating aspects of training during Staff Training week, as directed by Senior Staff.
- Paid, contract position. Start date June 1, 2020. End date September 6, 2020.
- Provision of staff accommodation and meals for the duration of the work term stated in the official job offer.
- Equipment (sound, sport, administration) and materials will be available as either equipment on- hand or as consumable materials according to budgets.
June 1, 2020