|Date Posted||October 25, 2019|
Employment Type: Full-time Seasonal
Start Date: February 1, 2020 (casual work from home): May 1, 2020 (onsite arrival)
End Date: September 5th, 2020
Located in Beaverton, Ontario, Canada, Fair Havens Ministries is a Christian, non-profit organization composed of a Summer Family Camp, Retreat Centre, Outdoor Christian Education Centre, as well as a Youth Discipleship Program called Stepping Stones.
The Stepping Stones Discipleship Program is a year-round intentional Staffing Program for youth and young adults (ages 15-25).
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual who wishes to help bring youth toward maturity in Christ. They will work alongside the Stepping Stones Director to plan, prepare, implement and evaluate the community life development and spiritual growth experience for our Stepping Stones Students during the pre-season and summer months. This will include such things as community leadership, conflict resolution, discipline and redirection, team building, peer to peer relationship-mentoring, oversight of the Stepping Stones students and their accommodations, mentoring and encouraging the Community Life Coordinators, and directly reporting to the Stepping Stones Director. They will develop and implement the Spiritual Formation content including bible and/or book studies, cabin devotionals and spiritual talks for our Stepping Stones community during the pre-season and summer months on a weekly basis.
- Assist in the interview and hiring process for the Stepping Stones Summer Staff (begins February)
- Exemplify what it looks like to live in obedience to Christ and being a positive role model in community while coming alongside staff and pointing them to Christ, through prayer, encouragement and edification
- Enforce camp policies and staff responsibilities with the Stepping Stones Director
- Support, Encourage and Mentor Community Life Leaders, Cabin Leaders, and Stepping Stones Students
- Help develop and oversee a healthy community during Pre-season and Summer months
- Plan, prepare and implement community life and spiritual formation (messages, bible/book studies) events alongside the Stepping Stones Director weekly
- Must be minimum of 22 years of age, mature, responsible adult
- Post-secondary study/completion in education, biblical studies or child & youth worker is an asset
- Experience in leading/speaking to youth/young adult on spiritual topics in indoor/outdoor settings
- Strong communication, teaching and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay positive, work under pressure and take initiative
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Heather Bragan, Stepping Stones Director at email@example.com