|Location||Sault Ste. Marie, Canada|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2023|
Student Ministries Pastor
Bethany Baptist Church is a growing, healthy community of about 150 Jesus-followers who meet in the west end of Sault Ste. Marie. Our city of 75,000 people has significant challenges with addiction and mental health and we desire to be the presence of Jesus here. More specific to this role, we have a large group of children who are now moving into Jr High and who need discipling in the Gospel of the Kingdom. We have a very small group of Sr High youth. And a surprising number of young adults who are re-engaging with the Church.
The Pastor of Student Ministries and Christian Education is entrusted with discipling students and young adults in the Gospel of the Kingdom and will prepare them for life in an everchanging world. In addition, this person will support the equipping (Christian Education) of the people of Bethany.
The Pastor of Student Ministries and Christian Education must be a follower of Jesus who demonstrates evidence of the Spirit’s work in their life. They will seek to embody the ways of Jesus in daily practice. They will agree to adhere to the doctrinal statement, bylaws and lifestyle statement of Bethany Baptist Church. They will also complete the “Plan to Protect” commitments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Plan, develop and execute ministry for young people in the following areas:
- Junior High
- Senior High
- Young Adults
- Organize a new, modular, elective-model Christian education offering for adults that would equip them for life in a post modern, post Christian culture.
- Support and encourage other ministries of the Church including justice and compassion ministries (Free Giveaway, Friendship Group, Jamestown Church Plant, etc).
- Participate in planning and execution of Sunday morning services including preaching once per month according to gifting.
- Support and participate in camp ministry at Galilean Bible Camp and Aush Bik Koong.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The person we are looking for has:
- A B.A. in Biblical Studies, Theology or Christian ministry (not required but preferred).
- Strong relational ability
- Competence in teaching (preaching) and articulation of the Gospel of the Kingdom.
- A track record of teamwork.
- A life that faithfully embodies the Gospel.
- The vision to imagine new ministries, plan them and see the plan through to completion.
The Student Ministries Pastor is directly responsible to the Sr. Pastor.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This position is a salaried position with full benefits, mileage, phone allowance, books and conferences all in keeping with the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Church’s salary guidelines.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.