|Location||51 South Service Rd, St Catharines, Canada|
|Date Posted||April 28, 2022|
The Summer Ministry Intern will report to and be mentored by the Director of Family Ministry. They will work alongside the Family Ministry Team to lead and develop programming for children, youth and summer camp. It will involve teaching, leading teams, curriculum implementation, event planning and administration. The successful candidate must have a passion for the next generation and the local church. This position is seasonal.
Education and Experience:
- Be between 15-30 years of age. High School diploma preferred.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred.
- Have a valid social insurance number and are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- 35 hours per week for a total of 8 weeks at $15/hour
- Temporary: June – August
- Teaching:Lead groups of kids and youth based on curriculum material.
- Team Leadership:Lead volunteer teams in various programs and activities providing guidance and supervision.
- Collaboration: Work alongside other staff and interns in a team setting.
- Curriculum Implementation:Work with our summer camp curriculum to create excellent daily programming for summer camps. This will include various elements from interactive activities, crafts, outings other creative elements.
- Event Planning:Develop and lead special events for kids and youth along with the Family Ministry team that promote community outreach.
- Administration:Oversee camp registration, payments, parent and volunteer communication, and website updates.
- Care:Provide care and leadership to children and students when needed, and under guidance of Family Ministry staff.
- Special Needs:Work with the Family Ministry staff to provide extra support for students and kids with special needs.
- Social Media:Provide support and monitoring of our social media profiles and platforms.
- Sunday Morning: Participate in elements of the Sunday morning services as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a positive and collaborative work environment with all staff and volunteers
Required Training & Documentation:
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screening
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Must possess excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must possess adaptive capacity and excellent problem solving skills
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 8, 2022