|February 23, 2024
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a reception/administrative Team Lead to help shape and lead the team in providing excellent, God honouring service to community members and other staff. This is a full-time permanent position for 37.5 hours/week.
Reporting to the Manager of Shared Administrative Services, this role will take the lead in providing excellent community support in the Davis Centre reception area, overseeing day to day needs of the team, and take on administrative scheduling tasks, coordinating team projects, and finding creative solutions to support the administrative needs of other staff throughout the mission.
- Manage the reception area in a professional manner, phone calls, and receive visitors, extending a warm welcome, managing conflict and creating a relaxed, peaceful environment
- Oversee the day-to day work of reception staff
- Research, compile and provide relevant, current information to staff, volunteers, community members of programs at The Yonge Street Mission and wider community resources
- Oversee and handle room bookings for meetings and coordinate with meeting arrangements, vehicle, and equipment sign-out requests.
- Assist in management of external Use-of-Space contracts
- Assist in the completion and delegation of yearly departmental strategic goals
- Provide deadline administrative support for other departments as requested, under the direction of the Program Administrative Support Manager.
- Explain and implement updated procedural changes
- Post-secondary education
- Five years experience in the field of reception/administration
- Demonstrated ability for strong interpersonal work with leading a team
- Demonstrated ability in de-escalation and community support to those with challenging presenting issues and needs
- Strong written and oral business English
- Demonstrated commitment to work in a Christian workplace
- Commitment to serve people from diverse backgrounds with dignity
- Demonstrated personal commitment to YSM’s principles of faith, mission and values.
Deadline for Application: Until Position is filled
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/239
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: February 23, 2024