|Location||502 Spadina Ave, Toronto, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 30, 2022|
The Scott Mission was founded in 1941 by Rev. Morris and Mrs. Annie Zeidman as a non-denominational Christian organization. Each year, it offers practical, emotional, and spiritual support to thousands of people who are experiencing poverty and homelessness in the City of Toronto. The Mission is a community that continually seeks to be:
- centered in and dependent on Jesus Christ
- gracious, generous, and collaborative in our relationships
- servant hearted, innovative, and professional in our work
- rooted in God’s rescuing work in history
The Scott Mission’s vision prayer captures the heart of its goal: Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond. The Mission is currently implementing a transformational, five-year strategic plan with the following objectives: increasing capacity and enhancing basic needs services, deepening clients’ transformational impact, multiplying partnerships, and offering spiritual leadership to Canadians.
The Driver will be based in 502 Spadina Ave and report to the Director of Operations. The Driver is responsible is picking up and delivering all schedule donations including food, clothing and other donated goods.
- Pick up and deliver all donations within the scheduled time windows
- Conduct Pre and Post trip vehicle inspections daily, including taking vehicle to service shops
- Operate vehicle safely and securely while adhering all TSM H&S policies and government regulations
- Learn the routes of pick up locations and plan accordingly before trips
- Sort donations and distribute to different departments for storage
- Handle donors inquires with hospitality and tact during pickup
Required Experience and Education:
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s license, any truck driving experience or license is an asset
- Minimum 3+ years of commercial driving or related work experience with a clean driving record
- Strong physical stamina, able to lift and push up to 50 plus LBS
- Excellent attendance record, reliable and dependable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
- Good attention to details and good organizational skills
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position may be considered in lieu of stated education and experience requirements. Interested applicants are invited to send a resume with cover letter to the email address provided.
The Scott Mission welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Employment is conditional to results of Police Reference Check and satisfactory reference.