|Location||19946 80A Avenue, Langley, Canada|
|Date Posted||June 3, 2022|
Vice President of Integrated Marketing – Focus on the Family Canada
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Focus on the Family Canada
Focus on the Family Canada knows that when families are equipped with practical advice grounded in Biblical truths, they can thrive. That’s why they’re committed to helping Canadians nurture, protect and invest in their families – even in the messy brokenness of our world. When families are strong, they leave a valuable imprint on society for generations to come.
Focus on the Family Canada is seeking a Vice President of Integrated Marketing who is passionate about strengthening, encouraging and equipping Canadian families. The VP of Integrated Marketing will provide visionary leadership to grow the organization in the areas of digital marketing and social media engagement. They will also manage and supervise the Integrated Marketing Team; encouraging teamwork to achieve the desired objectives.
If you are an emotionally intelligent and experienced leader with a passion for the ministry of Focus on the Family Canada and marketing, we would love to hear from you!
Focus on the Family Canada is a certified Best Christian Workplace recipient.
Since 1983, Focus on the Family Canada has offered help and encouragement to millions of families as they build their lives on the foundation of Jesus Christ. As a charitable organization, we are committed to strengthening Canadian families through trusted, Biblically based resources and programs, personal counselling, prayerful support, and much more. We aim to be the place Canadian families turn to for trusted help and encouragement!
In addition to Focus on the Family Canada, there are 12 associate offices established around the world. Together with these global ministry partners, Focus on the Family provides programs and services to strengthen families in 60 different countries with the radio broadcast reaching 120 nations!
Focus on the Family Canada believes that every family has the potential to thrive. And they want to see our nation transformed by families that have been strengthened and redeemed. That’s why they provide families with consistent encouragement and practical help in four key areas:
Marriage is the foundation of a thriving family, but it isn’t always easy. Focus on the Family Canada wants to equip couples to overcome life’s challenges and have fulfilling relationships that last a lifetime.
Parenting is rewarding but immensely challenging. Focus on the Family Canada wants to come alongside parents with practical advice and Biblical guidance to help them face the unique challenges of raising children and passing on their faith.
Faith & Culture
Many Christians are struggling to apply their faith in a culture where Christianity is deemed irrelevant and even misguided. Focus on the Family Canada wants to inspire and equip them to grow in their faith and influence the world around them.
Real families face real issues and these obstacles can seem insurmountable. Focus on the Family Canada wants to help families overcome these challenges by finding their hope in God and giving them sound advice to navigate these difficult times.
To strengthen Canadian families through education and support based on Christian principles.
To see every family transformed by love, vibrant in faith and enduring in hope.
- Participate with the Leadership Team in the development of the strategic direction of the organization.
- Report on progress and impact of marketing programs implemented in conjunction with the strategic plans.
- Project manage specific initiatives as required. Provide a detailed plan including scope, timeline, and resources required. Manage the project through to implementation and evaluate its outcomes when it’s complete.
- Represent the organization at programs and select functions to enhance the organization’s profile and develop relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
Content Marketing & Communications Strategy
- Develop the strategy to drive engagement with the content of Focus on the Family Canada and oversee its implementation. The primary focus will be on expanding digital and social engagement.
- Determine which types of content are resonating with constituents and proactively bring this information to the Leadership Team to help guide the overall content development strategy.
- Through the marketing team, drive and leverage channels and tools like SEO, Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn Ads, social promotion, HubSpot marketing automation, Google Analytics and more to grow awareness and engagement with Focus on the Family Canada.
- Conduct market research surveys to provide data on the impact and reach of Focus on the Family Canada and their ministry areas.
- With input from the Senior Vice President, lead the development of the overall Focus on the Family Canada communication strategy. This will involve input from internal stakeholders across the organization.
Leadership of Marketing Campaigns
- Lead the Integrated Marketing Team and other internal departments in developing specific marketing campaign plans.
- Ensure all ministry/initiative plans are included in a detailed annual promotional plan and that this plan is communicated and has by-in from internal stakeholders and initiative owners.
- Bring Ecommerce insight and strategy to our product marketing with the goal of getting our resources to more Canadians who need them and increasing the revenue generated by this.
Overall Marketing Management
- Lead the strategy, planning and optimization of marketing and funnel workflows including engagement, cultivation, content planning, conversion tracking and optimization.
- Ensure that campaign progress, lead generation and digital engagement across websites and strategies are measured, tracked and reported on.
- Continuously optimize marketing campaign elements to ensure campaigns are driving desired outcomes and reaching established goals.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spending and performance accordingly to reach goals.
- Oversee the creation of all budgets for the Integrated Marketing Team and ensure they are managed well and stay within budget.
- Develop the branding for new ministry initiatives in accordance with brand standards.
- Manage and approve all promotional and ministry content through the organization.
Department Management & Teamwork
- Provide accountability, leadership and oversight to the activities and staffing of the Integrated Marketing Team, events, creative services and product marketing. Ensure effective monitoring of activities and outcomes.
- Provide on-going departmental supervision and leadership.
- Oversee the selection and management of external marketing contractors to ensure they are effective and delivering on outcomes.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years progressive experience in digital marketing and marketing management or advertising.
- Proven marketing campaign development and success.
- Proven success in building or maintaining a brand, channel management and customer acquisition and retention.
- Strong management skills and previous experience leading a large and diverse team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A passion for the ministry and mission of Focus on the Family Canada.
- Proven experience in leading and managing projects.
- An excellent command of the English language and superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to craft the right message for the right audience.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Experience with various social media platforms and CRM systems like NetSuite and HubSpot, preferred.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Note: a more detailed job description will be provided at the interview stage.
Location: Langley, BC
Application Deadline: July 15, 2022
Start Date: September 2022
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.