|Location||101-2580 Matheson Blvd E, Mississauga, Canada|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2023|
JOB TITLE: Vice President of Operations and Strategy Execution
TYPE: Full-time, Permanent
REPORTS TO: President
ROLE TYPE: Hybrid
LOCATION: National Ministry Centre, 101-2580 Matheson Blvd E, Mississauga, ON
THE ALLIANCE CANADA
The Alliance Canada is a group of approximately 440 churches and 1600 workers across Canada that aims to be a Christ-Centred, Spirit-empowered, Mission-focused movement in everything we do. We work to fulfill our mission through making disciples, multiplying churches in Canada, and ministering to least-reached people groups around the world. Whether serving in a Canadian suburb or in a remote mountain village in Asia, our goal is to live on mission with God through equipping our churches and workers. Join us as we complete God's call to tell everyone about the Good News of Jesus Christ!
The Alliance Canada is looking for a dynamic person to join our team. We offer a comprehensive compensation package including excellent benefits, an exceptional pension plan, and a generous vacation package. People and culture are paramount to us while serving the mission.
The role of Vice President of Operations and Strategy Execution (VPOSE) will support the President of The Alliance Canada (AC) through the development, execution, and ongoing measurement and evaluation of an operational strategy that aligns with and promotes the fulfilment of The Alliance Canada’s mission.
The VPOSE is a strategic leader with a proven track record of defining and developing consistently high ROI ministry change initiatives and the ability to successfully execute a multi-pronged roadmap that drives effective ministry outcomes. The ideal candidate will utilize their demonstrated relational equity and commitment to the Alliance family and values to work collaboratively across the denomination’s two primary areas of ministry, National and International, strengthening leadership engagement in the strategic roadmap and championing the mission of The Alliance Canada.
This role is suited to an individual with a proven ability and experience in strengthening, streamlining, and supporting current systems while simultaneously imagining and developing strategies that will propel us to the future. Directly managing or supporting change initiatives that require cross-disciplinary and cross-functional implementation (across multiple groups and geographies) will be a top priority.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy Development and Oversight
- Lead the articulation of the AC’s strategy which will build on inputs from the president, National and International teams, districts, and board to develop a cogent framework for what the AC does and how the AC does it.
- Collaborate with existing or new national ministry partners, and internal stakeholders to understand new, shared, or contextual ministry objectives as well as identifying key areas of impact for the AC to support the Canadian church.
- Build a change agenda that completes a multi-year timeline.
- Map projects required to achieve the desired organizational transformation.
- Create a national and transparent dashboard to track strategy, results, and increase transparency to the denomination’s licensed workers, national and district staff, governance, and church member/constituency.
- Support the President in working with the Board of Directors: with special regard to strategy and planning.
- Consult and provide support to the President for GA business sessions.
- Support the President in key relationships: with National and International leadership, particular donors, and strategic partners. May also be called on to represent the organization publicly (e.g., at conferences).
- Support the President in addressing key issues, emergent situations, and the development of organizational culture.
Supervisory and HR Responsibilities
- Support and assist management in the ongoing strengthening of HR best practices, staff hiring, training, coaching and feedback.
- Provide supervisorial oversight, coaching and training to the Central team.
Finance, Risk, Information Systems Management, and Asset Development
- Drive revenue optimization through assessing current development trends, while identifying new areas of growth and opportunities.
- Review current finance operations in order to identify efficiencies with existing systems while identifying opportunities for increased efficiencies and ministry support initiatives.
- Support the development and launch of an integrated national information system.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years’ experience in an executive pastor, operations director, or related executive leadership role.
- History of self-initiated research and ideation as it pertains to the directed outcomes. While many activities are prescribed, The Alliance Canada holds a high value of curiosity, learning, and experimentation and expects staff to actively pursue these activities, as applicable, in their role.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing strong and efficient operational systems, strategies and both key and unique initiatives that have contributed to the growth and profitability of an organization.
- Strong analytical skills to identify operational inefficiencies, develop and implement effective solutions, and assess and mitigate operational risks, ensuring compliance with HR, industry, not-for-profit and government regulations and standards.
- Proficiency in using data and analytics to make informed decisions, track performance metrics, and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong understanding of financial metrics and budgeting to effectively manage resources, control costs, and ensure efficient allocation of funds.
- Good business acumen, with a deep understanding of current trends, market dynamics, and the Canadian cultural landscape
- Strong familiarity with relevant best practices, technologies and tools used for HR, operations management, data analysis, project management, and communication.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills to manage and motivate teams, providing direction, coaching, and support while fostering a collaborative and productive environment.
- Ability to drive organizational change and shift culture by effectively communicating the rationale, benefits, and execution of complex plans and ideas to all levels of the organization, stakeholders and partners.
- Proficiency in handling unexpected challenges and crises, demonstrating resilience and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Express a clear personal commitment to the statement of faith, mission, and values of The Alliance Canada.
- Must be a licensed worker of The Alliance Canada or willing to pursue licensing if not.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to business, accounting, economics, or human resources.
- Theological training at a bachelor or master’s degree level.
- Financial or professional designations would be helpful (Ex. Six Sigma, CPA, PMP, etc.)
Please send your cover letter and CV to the HR manager at email@example.com
Notice of Accommodation:
The Alliance Canada has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities.