|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||March 9, 2022|
The Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading a collective movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto.
Since 1896, YSM has provided wraparound support and services, making it possible for individuals, families, and communities to move forward. We believe if we combine our collective resources and wisdom, together we can reach our goal of ending chronic poverty in a generation.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true calling to contribute to our work in transforming the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving, then this is where you belong.
The Volunteer Resources Department (VR) develops and provides inspiration and management of YSM’s valuable resource - volunteers. Our volunteers and student placements are crucial to the daily activities of YSM as they allow YSM to deepen and extend our work on behalf of, and with our community members who live with poverty in Toronto.
To help support our goals as an organization, we are seeking a Volunteer Resources Coordinator who can inspire, recruit, and support volunteers as they journey to and through YSM. This is a permanent full-time position.
Reporting to the Manager, Volunteer Resources, this role will provide effective and positive volunteer-staff and volunteer-community relations, to strategically expand YSM’s program capacity, improve outcomes through volunteer engagement, and overall positively impact YSM’s strategic goals.
1) To recruit and maintain solid volunteer group relationships, partnerships, experiences and donor relations through our program known as, Project Generation. To ensure volunteer groups are well engaged with and supportive of YSM's initiatives.
- This includes booking, outreach, scheduling and regular contact with donors
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders around group engagement and retention/repeat engagement
2) YSM engages with hundreds to thousands of volunteers, depending on the year, from occasional experiences to regularly committed volunteers which ensure the work of YSM continues in the community. This individual will place well selected, screened volunteers, support volunteers & Volunteer Resources Committee Volunteers in their roles
- Best practice volunteer recruitment, processing, and support - engaging all components of the volunteer management cycle, all in realization of the CCVI (Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement)
- Retention & engagement initiatives i.e. volunteer appreciation events, etc.
- Engage multiple VR Committees to support existing programs and events (i.e. Student Awards, Toy Market, etc.)
3) Ensure all administrative components of this role are managed efficiently and thoroughly towards successful completion and advancement of the Volunteer Resources Team Goals
- Maintaining up-to-date information in our volunteer management software VolunteerHub (VHub), which includes data entry, as well as updating pages and occasional statistics
- In collaboration with the VR team, provide day to day support in executing volunteer resources department deliverables, which includes managing office volunteers and student placements
- Representing YSM at internal and external events as required
4) As YSM engages multiple seasonal opportunities, and requires support from volunteers, this role will be responsible to ensure there is adequate support from volunteers to keep these seasonal initiatives running smoothly to serve our community as they arise. The Christmas season is one of our most popular times for volunteers, which includes our Toy Market. To ensure collaboration with Christmas volunteers and the VR team for planning, strategizing, and executing around all initiatives
- Conduct volunteer orientations at events and YSM initiatives upon request
- Other duties as required/assigned
- Post-secondary education combined with 2-3 years of experience
- Volunteer management certificate, certification, or equivalent an asset
- Direct experience working with and coordinating volunteers through the entire volunteer management cycle
- Proven track record to foster solid relationships and create ongoing engagement and partnerships with corporate, church, and other groups
- Superb oral, written and listening skills, excellent grammar and self-editing skills
- Strong computer skills, including understanding CRM’s, and VolunteerHub knowledge is an asset
- Cultural competence/bias awareness/anti-oppressional principles: the ability to work positively, supportively, respectfully and competently within a multi-faith, multi-cultural, socio-economically, differing sexual orientations, gender identities, age and ability diverse population
- Comfort with and experience in public speaking and addressing groups in an lively, informative, and engaging manner
- Personal qualities needed for this key role: enthusiasm, boundless energy, discretion, diplomacy, patience, positivity, compassion, ability to ask good questions, and to work collegially and cooperatively with and within teams, stays calm and positive
- Experience in the non-profit sector, an understanding of and sensitivity to those who live with poverty, passion for social justice, and desire to put your faith to work
- Able to work with minimal supervision, able to envision and interpret the big picture
- Keeping people informed, and on track, and thinking outside the box and strategically comes naturally
- Be flexible, remain calm and positive in handling simultaneous tasks, multiple deadlines, the unique challenges of interacting with a diverse community, and a broader YSM team who are at an arm’s length from Team VR
- Model yourself as a Jesus follower - model a positive and demonstrable Christian presence and vibrant Christian practice
Deadline for Application: November 25, 2022
Website for Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=118
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
(Posted on Feb 28/22)