|Location||St. Albert, Canada|
|Date Posted||October 21, 2022|
We have a unique opportunity for someone looking for a ministry position with the passion to be a Christian missionary and mentor in a local community. Since Young Life began in Canada in 1954, its staff and volunteers have cared enough to leave the comfort of their adult worlds and enter the arena of high school and middle school life. These trained Young Life leaders are committed to friendships with kids - no strings attached. They go where teenagers are and spend time in their world playing road hockey, going to the mall, watching a play or band concert, hiking or skiing. Young Life leaders build bridges of friendship in order to “earn the right to be heard.” We are all about communicating God's love and the Christian message to kids in terms they can understand. Young Life values and respects all young people, and welcomes all teenagers regardless of race or religious beliefs.
- Geography / Area: St. Albert, Alberta
- Proposed Start Date: Position Available Immediately.
- Hours: 20-40
- Salary: $18 - $21 pending experience
- Ministry Type: Young Life (grade 9-12), WyldLife (grade 6-8) or Capernaum (teens with disabilities)
You would be responsible to recruit, train and lead a team of volunteer leaders, and build an effective new Young Life ministry centred around a school or neighbourhood supported by a local committee and supervisor. You will be active in all levels of contact work and invest in key groups of kids. You will build a thriving club, take kids to camp, and form a campaigner group (student discipleship team). You will build relationships with teenagers, presenting the gospel of Jesus incarnationally, and discipling students who desire to follow Christ. Teenagers will hear the gospel in terms they can understand from someone who cares for them personally.
- Dynamic Christian faith and a passion to share Jesus with others
- Experience leading a youth ministry
- Ease in creating friendships with an ability to talk with teenagers
- Personal and spiritual maturity
- Professionalism in organizational skills and integrity with finances
- Growing ability to manage a team of volunteers and delegate
- Capacity to develop relationships between Young Life and local churches & parachurch organizations
- This position requires Partner Ministry Development where the successful candidate will be required to help strengthen financial and prayer support.
- Post Secondary Education in Christian Ministry or related fields (education, social services) is helpful
How To Apply: Apply with Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com