|Date Posted||March 21, 2022|
Vernon Alliance Church is looking for a full-time Youth Pastor to lead our Student Ministries team, enabling youth and young adult to encounter Jesus, grow as disciples and engage in mission in the North Okanagan. The successful candidate will be an energetic, relational team player with leadership and organizational strengths
About our Church:
Vernon Alliance Church has been connecting people to Jesus for 70 years. We are located in the Okanagan Valley, a setting renowned for rich agriculture, natural beauty, and unending recreational opportunity. We are a multi-generational community known for passionate worship, rich Biblical teaching, and investment in our city. As we begin the next chapter of our story, we believe that Jesus is calling us to share his love in the North Okanagan by connecting people together in genuine community, investing in their spiritual development and releasing them to serve others. We are building a team of leaders who inspire and equip our people to effectively fulfill that calling in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Works with the Senior Associate Pastor
- Accountable to the Lead Pastor or designate
- Works with the ministry and operational staff and youth volunteers
- A growing relationship with Jesus
- Model integrity, spiritual and emotional health
- A shepherd and equipper of others.
- Effective team-builder and administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or the equivalent
- Youth ministry leadership experience an asset
- Strong one-on-one, written, and large group communication skills
- Accreditation with the Alliance in Canada (if not already held) will be required prior to commencing role.
- Able to serve in alignment with the staff team charter of Vernon Alliance Church
- Develop annual ministry goals and strategies.
- Serve as part of the Vernon Alliance staff team, participating in meetings, retreats and training
- Engage in weekend worship services and the broader life of the church.
- Promote the vision, mission and core values to volunteers and our church family
- With the input of The Senior Associate Pastor, provide direction, oversight, evaluation and pastoral care to the Youth/Young Adults Ministry team and volunteers (Youth ministry will be a primary focus, with young adults being secondary).
- Mobilize and empower a healthy, collaborative leadership team. These leaders will, in turn, invest in the connectedness, spiritual development and missional engagement of our students and young adults.
- Communicate the vision, mission and core values to students, volunteers, and families.
- Collaborate with families to develop their children.
- Provide pastoral care and shepherding to youth
- Develop or contextualize biblically based curriculum that aligns with Vernon Alliance Church’s vision, mission and values.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with local schools, organizations and churches that engage students relationally and connect them with Jesus.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jason Koleba at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Cover letter giving a brief personal history and calling to ministry.
- A resume which includes a description of your training, experience, gifting and abilities.
Please note: Only those being considered for this position will be contacted.