|Location||Thunder Bay, Canada|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2020|
Role and Responsibilities
Primarily: Reporting to the Board of Directors, give leadership to the youth drop in center ministry of New Hope Fellowship. Carry out the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of all New Hope Youth Centre programs and services.
- Conduct the ministry with the goal of seeing youth won to Christ.
- Recruit, train, evaluate and supervise volunteers.
- Establish an environment where non-Christian youth feel welcome.
- Establish evaluation standards, guidelines and policy for the ministry.
- Raise adequate funds to help carry the ministry.
- See that the facility is maintained properly and cleaned.
- Establish working relationships with related Aboriginal churches, and non-Aboriginal community agencies (Dennis Franklin Cromarty High School, Confederation College, Lakehead University) to provide programming, including regular communication and maintaining contact lists.
- Work evenings and weekends
Qualifications and Preferred skills
- Demonstrate a strong faith in Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to body life and regular church attendance.
- Have a stable marriage, if married.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people skills.
- Have an understanding of youth culture and ability to relate to youth.
- Have a clear understanding and appreciation for Aboriginal culture.
- Demonstrate skills in developing policy and guidelines for volunteers.
- Have some working experience in drop in center ministry.
- Have the ability to recruit and train and motivate volunteers.
- Possess skills in fund-raising
- Communicate well with volunteers and Board of Directors
- Possess good organization, administrative, communication, computer and time management skills