|Date Posted||December 8, 2021|
Amberlea Presbyterian Church
1820 Whites Rd., Pickering, ON L1V 1R8
Primary Scope of Position:
Amberlea Presbyterian Church is seeking a part time Youth Director to grow and lead ministry to youth and their families in our congregation and our community modeling a Christ-like lifestyle and attitude.
The Youth Director builds relationships with youth (grades 6-12), providing opportunities for youth to grow in deeper connection with Jesus in a safe, fun, welcoming atmosphere.
The Youth Director leads ministry events that reinforce our church's priorities, and becomes actively involved in the life and community of Amberlea.
- Recruit, equip, direct and care for youth ministry volunteers.
- Lead planning and execution of youth ministry initiatives.
- Weekly meetings
- Sunday worship
- 1-2 retreats/year
- Special events
- Care for and be available to youth in a variety of ways outside of regular programming.
- attendance at extracurricular activities
- times of crisis
- Engage with, support and help to equip parents, recognizing their critical role in the discipleship of their children.
- Collaborate and participate with other Amberlea ministry teams in a variety of settings that youth and their families may grow such as summer, family, missions and outreach initiatives.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings.
- Coordinate consistent and effective communication with youth, parents, congregation and leadership.
- Report and evaluate the ongoing youth ministry.
- Provide monthly reports to Session and an annual report to the congregation
- Manage the youth ministry budget
- Be aware of resources for developing youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education opportunities.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Live a lifestyle that reflects an authentic commitment to Christ and one that models Christ
- Respect and appreciation for the Presbyterian expression of faith
- Strong biblical foundation and knowledge of youth culture and experience in effectively communicating God’s truth to youth in ways they understand
- Ability to develop, plan, manage, and implement youth ministry.
- Leadership experience in bold, creative planning (in person and virtual)
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate including written, verbal and use of different media.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and a strong ability to lead, organize and serve well with others
- Willing to follow the Leading with Care policies, submit to a police check and all health and safety training
- The Youth Director will be under direct supervision of the Family Ministries Director and ultimately is accountable to the Lead Pastor, Session and congregation.
Hours: 10 hours/week
Job Starting: January 2022
Application Deadline: January 3, 2022
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 3, 2022.