|Date Posted||January 19, 2023|
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community, as well as flexible hybrid work arrangements. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking a YJC Program Coordinator who is passionate and called to support our participants to guide them towards positive transformation. The YJC program serves youth (18-29) who experience multiple and/or complex barriers to employment by providing more intensive support beyond traditional job search and placement opportunities. The YJC Program Coordinator will provide leadership in program delivery under Employment Ontario guidelines, and play a hands-on role in direct service provision. This position reports to the Employment Services Manager.
- Manage all aspects of program delivery - planning, reporting, budgeting, community partnerships, performance measurements, supervision and other duties as required
- Manage program staff (1), student placements and volunteers according to established policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure the operation of the program encourages and equips participants on their journey to finding meaningful income and meets the expectations of the organization and funders
- Maintain, track, and administer program budget with accurate and up-to-date data; assume full accountability for all related expenditures
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop systems for information sharing and processes for service integration
- Build and maintain working relationships with volunteers and organizations to support pre-employment workshop delivery
- Work collaboratively with the Employment Services team, Workforce Development Department and YSM priority populations to ensure supports are responsive and practical to the program and participant needs
- Outcome focused case-management with the ability to support itinerant services
- Ensure YSM and funder required data collection; prepare monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports
- Facilitate regular team meetings / case conferences and support staff with participant challenges
- Provide regular supervision to direct report, including: spiritual care, coaching, staff development and performance management
- Related post-secondary education in social work/community service work/adult education or equivalent experience
- Program delivery experience and demonstrated coaching/training skills with marginalized communities ideally in the non-profit sector
- Strong conflict resolution skills in managing group dynamics
- Knowledge of workforce development sector and understanding of the factors and challenges contributing to poverty in Toronto
- Comfort working in an unpredictable drop-in environment with participants experiencing various forms of trauma; able to quickly and sensitively respond to high-stress situations
- Ability to complete assigned tasks within specified high standards and in a determined time frame
- Proven leadership skills; including the ability to be innovative and effectively organize, process, and communicate information in a changing work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and facilitation skills with proven capacity to interact appropriately with various stakeholders; including participants, volunteers & business leaders
- Strong technical abilities including budgeting, technical writing, and organizational skills
- Experience in managing a team and the ability to motivate and lead others to accomplish goals
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify problems and achieve solutions
- Computer literacy with a strong knowledge of Google applications and case management software; Salesforce and CAMS experience an asset.
- CPI, Mental Health, First Aid Training is an asset; A vulnerable sector police check will be required
The successful applicant will express a clear commitment to YSM principles of faith, mission, and values. This is a full-time (37.5 hrs/week) position.
Deadline for Application: February 3, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/177
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: January 19, 2023