|Date Posted||February 21, 2020|
Position: Youth Ministry Leader – Permanent Part Time
- Within the vision of Innerkip Presbyterian Church, give coordinated overall direction to the junior/senior high youth and young adults ministries.
- Implement this direction through a balanced multi-faceted ministry including evangelism, discipleship, teaching, prayer, worship, and other components.
- Encourage Junior and Senior High students to use their God given gifts within our church family.
- Establish, maintain and provide mentoring relationships with youth at all levels.
- Provide support/pastoral care for young people, including hospital/home visits.
- Engage in, or support, broader youth ministry endeavors (i.e. city-wide events, national conventions, school seminars, other)
- Oversee the development of volunteer leadership teams for each area of youth ministry including recruiting and equipping leaders.
- Provide leadership for any Mission Teams for our youth.
- Prepare annual recommended Youth ministry budget and implement approved budget.
- Maintain Youth Ministry database to ensure accurate information is available.
- Communicate with external communications person to update website, Facebook, and Instagram accounts as required.
- Available for platform presence to welcome people, make announcements.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Network with other youth pastors, parents and lay leaders to mutually encourage and challenge personal health and growth.
- Establish strong connections and communication with parents of youth regarding upcoming bible study/small group topics, events, any challenges, i.e. emails and meetings
- Complete risk and safety assessments for all programs, and operate within approved safety protocols. Report all concerns promptly to Executive Pastor.
- Committed to God’s continuing work both in their own personal life and models it to others.
- Enrolled in currently, or have completed a biblical studies, theology, family or youth ministry related program. Experience as a Youth Ministry leader or pastor will be considered.
- Strong and clear communicator and teacher.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities.
- Committed to a training and equipping philosophy of leadership within Innerkip Presbyterian Church.
- Strong relational capabilities with youth, young adults and parents.
- Current OPP vulnerable sector back-ground check.
- Current First Aid certificate, or obtained within 30 days from employment date.
- Salary in accordance with Innerkip Presbyterian Church budget (2020) and based on qualifications/experience.
- This position is planned for up to 30 hours per week.
- Benefits package in accordance with our policies including dental, medical, insurance, short-term disability and long term disability, eligible after 90-day probation period.
- Vacation as per IPC policy.
- This position reports to the executive pastor.
- Works closely with other staff members.
- Engages with volunteer staff on a regular basis.
About Innerkip Presbyterian Church
- Located in the village of Innerkip Ontario.
- Established for over 167 years, moved to new building in 2006.
- Current congregation of approximately 500.
- Strong focus on children’s and youth ministries.
- Seeking staff to help drive our new 7-year vision.