|Date Posted||July 15, 2020|
Elevation is a young, vibrant church in Waterloo, Ontario, where students, families, and people of all ages gather to celebrate God and the journey of life. We are currently searching for 2-3 people to join our team as we enter an intentional season of growth. One of these roles is a Youth Pastor.
Our perfect candidate:
- Can identify their own strengths and has a vision of how they’d like to serve the church
- Has a willingness to share ideas, look to the future, and be a part of healthy church growth
- Will fit easily into our existing team, while also bringing something unique to the table
The Youth Pastor will assume primary responsibility for our growing Junior and Senior Youth groups, helping Elevation’s youth discover how they can live out a vitalized faith as they navigate the complexities of their current stage of life. Given the unique circumstances in our world today, a successful applicant will demonstrate proficiency in, and a passion for, using social media and other online tools to establish and grow a thriving virtual community with our Youth.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Come alongside Youth as a mentor and guide
- Plan and provide leadership of weekly Youth gatherings
- Invest in and grow a team of volunteer Youth leaders
- Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis
The position of Youth Pastor is a part-time role and will begin as a one-year contract. It is our hope that this contract will transition into a permanent position, however, in light of the uncertain times we’re navigating in response to COVID-19, we will be evaluating the needs of our Youth ministry over the course of the year and recognize there may be a need to alter the role as circumstances change.
We have also posted an opening for the position of a part-time Family & Children’s Ministry Director. If desired, you may apply for both of these positions together, creating a full-time, “Emerging Generations” role.
Applicants should visit our website and become familiar with our Key Values, Theological Commitment, and Unity in Diversity. To express your interest in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Elevation’s Hiring Team