|Location||London, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 10, 2022|
Are you passionate about walking alongside marginalized youth? Does working within the heart of the community to bring about change excite you? Can you multitask and adjust to meet evolving needs with ease? Do new challenges inspire you to action? Can you work within a team setting as a leader, mentor and as one who has a servant’s heart? If so, we would love to hear from you! We are currently looking for a compassionate, energetic, creative, organized, and humble leader to join our team.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- To lead in developing our youth pathway, supporting youth from Jr high - through college by implementing regular youth programming at the chaplaincy sites
- To research and build partnerships with broader youth ministry programs in the city, connecting LCC youth to appropriate and desirable opportunities
- To support youth as mentor and in a crisis capacity
- To lead in the support, training and mentoring of student placements assisting with
- To help with the recruitment, development and training of youth related volunteers and
build a mentorship culture
- Represent the London Community Chaplaincy externally on the CYN and other youth
- To support the administration of all afterschool programming at the Chaplaincy sites
- To lead in the development, creation and implementation of summer programming at
the Chaplaincy Sites
- To support in fundraising and grant writing for youth and summer related needs
- Skilled at building relationships with children, youth and their parents
- Excellent time management skills, strong administrative skills and the ability to multitask in an often intense environment
- Strong sense of personal initiative, with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to be flexible and accept changing responsibilities as the ministry evolves and adapts to changing community needs
- Strong ability to practice self care, ensuring emotional availability for others in need
- Must possess a depth of understanding regarding the realities and needs of families living in poverty
- A positive individual able to demonstrate empathy and to treat everyone with dignity and respect at all times
- Ability to recognize the spiritual dimension within the lives of children, adults and families, and to be comfortable working with a faith based organization.
- Education: An undergraduate degree in a field of study related to child and youth work, education, psychology or social work from a recognized university or college (or related qualifications)
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility within the Child and Youth/Youth Ministry field
- Demonstrated ability to build healthy, supportive relationships with youth and their families, experience developing programs, demonstrated leadership and progressive responsibility
- Current police record check, including vulnerable sector screening
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds consistently
- Connection to a faith community
Compensation: Full time salaried role, 3 weeks paid vacation, cell phone reimbursement, RRSP
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 31st, 2022. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The London Community Chaplaincy will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.