|Location||116 Empress Avenue, Ottawa, Canada|
|Date Posted||February 21, 2021|
CCCO seeks to fill a full-time, 18 months position responsible for overseeing all aspects of junior and senior high ministries (grades 7 through 12).
The Youth Worker must have a love for God, a desire to serve God, and a heart for ministering to teenagers (grades 7 to 12) and to see them grow spiritually in their relationship with Christ.
More specifically, the following are required
- Commitment to CCCO’s doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs
- A bachelor degree from a recognized university; bible college training is preferable but not necessary
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Bible; and meeting 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders
- Pastoral philosophy of equipping, discipling, evangelizing; and a relational style of leadership.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for evangelism and set a Christian model example for the youth
- A self-starter.
- Commitment to a team approach, including delegating responsibility to volunteer team members
- Demonstrate an understanding of today’s North American teenage culture and environment.
- Experience as a youth worker in a church is an asset.
The Youth Worker works under the supervision of the English Pastor. He/she liaises with the Children Ministry to ensure continued spiritual development from children to youth ministries.
- Building relationships with youth through mentorship and spiritual guidance.
- Shepherding youth through strong leadership in biblical studies and instruction, spiritual care, and prayer ministries.
- Providing Gospel-centered biblical teaching and programming for the youth.
- Communicating well with parents and supporting families spiritually, especially in times of crisis.
- Recruiting, training, and mobilizing adult volunteers to serve in youth ministry.
Please submit your application here or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org