|Company Location||Kitchener, Canada|
CHILDREN’S PASTOR – HIGHLAND BAPTIST CHURCH, KITCHENER, ONTARIO
OVERVIEW OF CHURCH AND COMMUNITY:
Highland Baptist Church is a medium-sized church located in Central Kitchener. We have three congregations and recognize the growing diversity in our community. There is room for people from every land and culture at Highland. We welcome them as a blessing to us, and as a microcosm and sign of the reign of God.
CHURCH PURPOSE/MISSION STATEMENT:
God calls us to practice the compassion and love of Jesus Christ, locally and globally, in risk-taking mission and service and to nurture a diverse and thriving church family where all people of every ethnicity may worship and serve God with joy.
It is our hope that in serving our children, they may be led to fruitful Christian discipleship. We expect that the church will offer a safe environment and one where there are many opportunities for children to witness, experience and understand God’s love for them. It is intended that this ministry will serve our present children, as well as reach out to children and their families in our broader community. It is recognized that effective ministry with children will involve their families in various ways.
Responsibilities as Children’s Pastor:
Guide all children (Infants to Grade 6) in their faith development, building a solid spiritual foundation, through intentional and strategic nurturing so that they may know, love, and follow Jesus.
- Develop a rapport with all Highland’s children and their families.
- Resource, equip and support families in their collective faith journey.
- Plan, promote, organize and schedule for weekly teaching and supervision for Sunday School classes, and infant and toddler care & programming during the worship service.
- Source Christian Education Resources (such as books and curricula) that are age appropriate, culturally sensitive and theologically thoughtful for a diverse congregation.
- Organize special events for children and their families.
- Provide leadership, promote and participate in summer day camps & ministry programs.
- Seek ways to minister to and to reach out to children in the wider community.
- Support pastoral staff and leaders in the use of music and drama for children in worship services.
- In collaboration with pastoral staff and leaders continue to develop intergenerational worship opportunities.
- Recruit, train and equip new and existing volunteers for effective delivery of our children’s programs, including training and implementation of a Safe Church Policy.
- In collaboration with the Christian Education Team, vision, plan, implement and review on yearly basis with monthly updates for an intentional, sustainable children’s ministry at Highland.
- Engage in ongoing professional development.
- Network with other children’s pastors & ministry leaders.
- Become acquainted with demographics and needs of the wider community around Highland.
- Participate in worship. Preach periodically.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Collaborate with Christian Education Team.
- Report to the Christian Education Team in monthly meetings.
- Develop and work within an annual budget for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Christian Education Team.
The successful candidate:
- possesses a passion for children’s ministry
- possesses theological training, or is willing to engage in ongoing appropriate training
- has a lot of creativity, energy and is deeply committed to Christ
- has excellent interpersonal skills
- has a proven track record of effectiveness in ministry and children’s leadership
- is a self-starter and a strategic thinker
- works well within a team ministry
- possesses strong organizational and time management skills
- communicates clearly and effectively.
- This is a 20 hour per week position with an initial one-year term, subject to renewal.
- Salary will follow the guidelines of the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec and will be established by the Personnel Committee.
- Each season, the children’s pastor, in consultation with the Christian Education Team, will identify priority responsibilities for the season.
- Accountable to both the Lead Pastor and Christian Education Team.
- A six-month and year–end evaluation will be conducted by the Lead Pastor.
Applications can be submitted by June 10th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current job openings at Highland Baptist, Kitchener.
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.