|Company Location||Kitchener, Canada|
Who we are
Stanley Park Community Church has a heart for our surrounding community. We plan to develop a new vision of how our community can embrace the call to live together and disciple one another across generations and experiences. This last year has taught us that our children's ministry is no longer limited to one hour in person on Sunday mornings. We now have an open door to engage children remotely.
Our Church Vision
To be a community of believers who are growing in the Knowledge, Likeness, and Lifestyle of Jesus. To see our faith transform the lives of those in the Stanley Park Neighbourhood and the neighbourhoods we live in.
Who We Need
We are seeking a Family and Children’s Pastor who would work closely with the Lead Pastor. You would join our church as we uncover what God has in store for us as we return to a physical church presence in a very different manner. We’re always looking for ways to meet our neighbours. Whether it’s building a community ice rink or planning summer events you’ll be a central part of it. We hope that you will dream up ways we can reach out to our neighbours in creative and meaningful ways!
What you can expect of us
- Potlucks! We love food and community and sharing in both of these areas.
- This is a ¾ time position, with an annual base pay of $35,000 CAD
- Opportunity to grow this role into a full-time position
- The right candidate will grow in this role and be an integral part of our church community as we grow our engagement for children, youth and families.
- Flexible benefit structure
- Anticipated start date September 2021
- Continuously engaged and growing in prayer
- Sunday morning ministry to children
- Multi-generational small community gatherings
- Mid-week engagement with children, youth, and families
- Seek out opportunities to invest in local community
- Collaborate with United Brethren Conference
Attributes needed for the role
- Jesus follower - you have a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Passionate - you are excited to engage children, families, and communities.
- Creative - We want to step together into a new future; navigating what that means for our community and our building.
- Starter - this is a critical time to implement a new way of being as a church. Initiative to dream up and try new ideas is key.
- Collaborative & Teachable - the best way to do ministry is with others. Engagement, accountability, honesty and trust are vital to our ministry.
- Proven - We are not requiring a degree for this role; however, we do expect that you’ll be able to show us where you have engaged your God-given gifts.
- Vision - We need a visionary who will be able to develop a plan for children and families ministry.
- Current - we have the privilege to live here and now with children in our community. Let's engage them in the era in which they live.
- Personal - we greatly value our people. You possess grace, empathy, good humour, and problem solving skills with the ability to communicate well. You invest in their lives and know them and their stories.
- Fun - Everybody likes to have fun so we believe in having a leader who knows how to have fun too! Finding new and inventive ways to keep children and families entertained is a difficult and important part of this job.
Does this sound like you?
Please submit your resumé, cover letter, and a statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will start reviewing applications July 8th.
N.B.: Responses not directed to the above email address will not be considered.
Current job openings at Stanley Park Community Church
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.