|Company Location||Windsor, Canada|
Do you have a passion for creating an atmosphere of pure worship so the Holy Spirit can manifest in the church and change lives? Do you desire to use your skills to construct visual designs and audio mixes that do not distract but rather enhance the worship experience?
Windsor Christian Fellowship (“WCF”) is a non-denominational church that seeks to win the generations to Christ, connect them to His Master plan and grow the Kingdom of God. At WCF we use the creative art forms such as worship, drama, spoken word, and dance, to spread the good news of Christ and bring people into relationship with God.
The AVL Specialist plays an instrumental role in furthering the Mission of WCF through the leadership, growth and discipleship of the Audio/Sound and Lighting departments. Working in collaboration with the Worship Team and Creative Director, the AVL Specialist will create an atmosphere void of distractions so that the attention of every person is on God.
Windsor Christian Fellowship seeks an AVL Specialist, sensitive to the moving of the Holy Spirit with experience in working with various audio and lighting equipment, who will lead a volunteer team through hands on technical experience. The successful candidate will also work with various audio and lighting equipment for regular worship services and special events, as well as assist with overall stage setting.
Due to the nature of this position, which has both a leadership component and a technical component directed towards advancing Windsor Christian Fellowship’s mission, services, values, and Worship, it is essential that the successful candidate:
- Be able to assist in advancing the mission of Windsor Christian Fellowship by communicating with personal integrity and professionalism;
- Support the work and Mission of Windsor Christian Fellowship; and
- Is familiar with and sensitive to the Christian ideology that underpins all of Windsor Christian Fellowship’s actions and Mission.
In addition, the AVL Specialist position has a large musical component rooted in contemporary Christian music which will require the interpretation and application of the Christian Faith. As such, the candidate we are looking for should be familiar with contemporary Christian music and its impact on the Worship experience. The use of various stringed instruments as well as vocals, drums, and keyboards are used to usher in the presence of God where congregants experience spiritual communion with Him. The Worship Team’s aim is to avoid a show production environment that generates mere physical excitement but instead strives to focus on the leading of the Holy Spirit to usher in true spiritual worship. The successful candidate must be sensitive to and aligned with the Worship Team’s vision in this regard.
Description and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Creative Director, the AVL Specialist will provide hands on technical experience to the following areas, as well as leadership and support:
Sound & Lighting: Technical Support & Oversight
- Working in collaboration with the Worship Team and Creative Director, helps to set the atmosphere by ensuring seamless technical support from behind the scenes.
- Programming lighting console, creating unique designs that fit each song, dance, drama, and speaker etc.
- Full knowledge of live audio production
- Understand the vision of the leadership and strive to provide support through your craft
- Oversee the training and development of the Audio/Sound & Lighting production departments
- Stay current on new technologies and industry trends and provide technical insight on business decisions such as the purchase of software and AVL equipment
- Troubleshoots AVL related issues in real time
- Provides non-technical support such as: stage set-up, tear down and organization of backstage, AVL room and sound booth areas
- Creating the best music mix possible, following the worship leader’s direction
Leadership and Support
- Reliable, self-starter with a passion to share WCF’s mission
- Ability to take direction from leadership
- Attend weekly service preparation meetings with Ministry Team leaders providing technical support to help bring the vision to life
- Ability to develop, supervise, and implement growth opportunities as well as mentor and train a technical team of volunteers and staff
- Support charities and events associated with WCF ministries
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with relational leadership and team-building skills required.
- Ability to lead a worship experience from an audio, and lighting perspective.
- Ability to manage and engage volunteers
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Technical proficiency in the elements of AVL production and how they work together (High technical proficiency in Audio/Sound and Lighting)
- Must possess a strong ability to identify and adopt to emerging technology and industry demands
- Ability to provide preventative maintenance and troubleshoot AVL technical issues quickly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- A desire to mentor and train up rising talent
- Ability to work flexible hours
- A degree or diploma in Media or Arts an asset (or equivalent work experience)
- A clear Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Screening is required as a pre-condition to hiring
- A desire to honour God with your creative ability
- A firm understanding that your designs are a part of impacting lives and helping people connect with their Creator during worship
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Adept at creative problem solving
- Build your leadership skills (find a mentor, be in community with other technical leaders)
- Ability to communicate, with personal conviction, the spiritual foundation of the organization through various means
Hours and Compensation
- Full Time: 40 hours per week on average. Flexible Days, evenings and weekends.
- Compensation: Competitive Benefits Package with compensation commensurate with the successful candidate’s educational background and experience.
Windsor Christian Fellowship is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please contact us at 519-972-5977 ext. 0 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone in advance for their interest and applications, but due to the volume of applications only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Current job openings at Windsor Christian Fellowship
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.