|February 2, 2024
Financial Controller – Power to Change
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Power to Change
Power to Change is looking for a driven CPA with a heart for ministry to join their team as Financial Controller.
As part of the Operations department of P2C’s Central Services, the Finance team provides support to all P2C staff and ministries. Together, the team contributes to the fulﬁllment of P2C’s mission by providing thorough, accurate accounting and processing of all ﬁnancial transactions. The Financial Controller leads the Finance team and is part of the team that gives leadership to the Operations department.
If you have 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role, as well as a history of leading and developing teams, we would love to hear from you!
WHO WE ARE
Our work began in 1967 as Campus Crusade for Christ on university campuses across Canada. Today, we have grown into a family made up of 10 ministries and 1 humanitarian partner. We reach diplomats, athletes, families, vulnerable populations and more with the life-changing news of Jesus.
We are dedicated to showing Jesus’ love to people across Canada and around the world, proclaiming His name and introducing people to His forgiveness and grace. And we are seeing lives change every day.
In 2022, more than 37,000 people decided to follow Christ through Power to Change’s ministries.
Power to Change’s ministries include:
- Athletes in Action
- Christian Embassy
- Connecting Streams
- P2C – Students
- The JESUS Film Church Planting Strategy
- Digital Strategies
To help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
- You have a recognized accounting designation (CPA).
- You have proven ability to develop and mentor teams you have led.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role or in a public accounting ﬁrm.
- You are able to annually sign off on Power to Change’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct.
- You have experience supporting an Executive team and a Board of Directors.
- You have strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting standards for non-proﬁt organizations.
- You have a strong working knowledge of Excel and Google Suite.
- You are able to learn multiple systems and understand their interaction.
- You have effective problem-solving and time-management skills.
- You have strong and effective communication and people skills.
- You have experience working in a Christian charity in Canada, preferred.
- You have knowledge of fund accounting/non-proﬁt accounting, preferred.
- You have experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, preferred.
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Start Date: March 2024
Salary Range: $95,000 - $105,000
APPLY online at nelsonandkraft.com/jobs with your cover letter and resume. You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.