|February 23, 2024
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is a vibrant, non-profit Christian organization leading a collective movement to end chronic poverty in Toronto. Since 1896, we’ve worked to transform the lives of people living with poverty, going beyond immediate needs by offering wrap-around support via holistic programs and services, and a pathway which enables street-involved youth, families in need, adults experiencing poverty and vulnerable communities to move from surviving to thriving.
To make this happen, we are passionate about investing in the people we work with, and look for a diverse range of staff who are key for us to advance our mission: Christians who have a heart for neighbours in need, a desire to transform the lives of our community members, and who believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect.
If you are inspired by our vision and feel a true call to contribute to YSM’s work, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
As a staff member at YSM, some of the things you can look forward to include a values-based and highly collaborative and engaging work environment with a high value on staff’s mental health and well-being; meaningful, innovative and impactful work, with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community. Our competitive Total Rewards compensation package also includes Group RRSP matching, annual leave and paid personal days, comprehensive health and dental care coverage, an Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes counselling services by Christian professionals, and numerous other perks.
We are seeking an Opportunities Fund Program Coordinator. The Opportunities Fund (OF) program provides individuals who are living with Mental Health Disabilities a safe and supportive environment to develop employment readiness skills, secure job placement, and sustainable employment. The Opportunities Fund Program Coordinator will provide leadership and management in program delivery and play a hands-on role in direct service provision. YSM’s goals, values, and biblical standards are embedded in the work we do. This position reports to the Employment Services Manager.
- Manage all aspects of program delivery from planning, reporting, budgeting, partnerships, performance measurement, supervision and other duties required of the position
- Maintain, accurate and up-to-date program data
- Manage all program related expenditures, ensuring consistency with funder guidelines
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and ad hoc narrative and financial reports for program improvement and submission to manager and funder
- Provide regular supervision to 1 direct report and 2 indirect reports, including: spiritual care, coaching, staff development and performance management
- Provide leadership to the staff team to ensure high quality, inclusive, accessible, respectful and effective participant-directive service
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop systems for information sharing and processes for service integration
- Work collaboratively with the Workforce Development team and YSM departments to ensure supports are responsive and practical to the program and participant needs
- Facilitate regular team meetings / case conferences and support staff with participant challenges
- Provide regular supervision to direct report, including: spiritual care, coaching, staff development and performance management
- Demonstrated passion to support the three population groups we serve – Street Involved Youth, Adults Experiencing Chronic Poverty and Families in Need
- 2+ years of program delivery and supervisory experience, well-developed leadership skills, and demonstrated coaching skills
- Experience in managing a team and the ability to motivate and lead others to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated experience working with marginalized communities, including those affected with mental illness
- Comfort working in an unpredictable drop-in environment with participants experiencing various forms of trauma; able to quickly and sensitively respond to high-stress situations with great conflict resolution skills
- Ability to complete assigned tasks within specified high standards and in a determined timeframe
- Proven leadership skills; including the ability to be innovative and effectively organize, process, and communicate information in a changing work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and facilitation skills with proven ability to interact appropriately with various stakeholders; including community members, volunteers and community partners
- Strong technical abilities including budgeting, technical writing, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify problems and achieve solutions
- Understanding of Anti-Oppression and Anti-Racism Framework and ability to integrate it into leadership style
- Computer literacy with a strong knowledge of Google applications and case management software; Salesforce experience an asset.
- Previous management of government funded programs an asset
- A biblical understanding of the unique aspects of ministry among the poor, vulnerable, and marginalized populations
- CPI, Mental Health, First Aid Training is an asset; A vulnerable sector police check will be required
The successful applicant will express a clear personal commitment to YSM principles of faith, mission, and values. This is a full-time (37.5 hrs/week) position.
Deadline For Application: Available Until Filled
Link to Application: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/careers/241
Starting Date: ASAP
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Date Posted: February 23, 2024